This notice appeared on Craigslist, where stranger things have not often shown up. It purports to be a casting call... I ask you to read it, and make comments on how the beleaguered "world-renown" medium would be able to come up with any details about the subject victim...
CASTING: TALK TO THE DEAD - FREE PSYCHIC READING
WOULD YOU LIKE TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE OTHER SIDE?
IS THERE A DEBATE YOU'D LIKE TO PUT TO REST?
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION THAT NEEDS AN ANSWER?
If you are willing to be on camera, you might qualify for an extensive psychic reading with a world-renown [sic] medium at no cost. These mediums can communicate with the other side to solve mysteries, end disputes and resolve questions.
To be considered, please email:
1) a brief description of why you would like to communicate with the other side. Specifically, what question do you need answered, or what debate do you need resolved?
2) a brief description of who you are and how you are related to the person who has passed.
3) photos of yourself and anyone else who would be involved in the reading.
4) an email address and phone number for us to contact you.
Due to the high volume of responses we are receiving, please be as descriptive in your email as possible. Do not apply unless you are able to attend a local casting call in Los Angeles. Any travel to LA would be at your own expense.
* Location: Los Angeles
* Compensation: The mediums performing the readings typically charge hundreds of dollars for half-hour sessions. If selected for this casting, your readings would be completely free.
* This is a part-time job.
* This is a contract job.
* OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities.
* OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Wow! Such a bargain! "Completely free" sounds like a huge carrot-on-a-stick to snap at, don'tcha think? We can't wait to hear from you readers with your comments...!