The Amaz!ng Meeting has become the “must attend” event for everyone who loves science and skepticism, with TAM 2013 being our biggest event yet with more presenters than ever before.
Many of our stellar speakers this year have never been on the TAM stage before. Leading thinkers, science communicators, and best-selling authors like Susan Jacoby, Dan Ariely, Susan Blackmore, Jerry Coyne, Sanal Edamaruku, Susan Haack, Marty Klein, Cara Santa Maria, Michael E. Mann, and so many more are joining us for the first time this year, all focusing on scientific skepticism, and how to best respond as skeptics to harmful anti-scientific, paranormal or pseudoscientific belief.
All this even while many of our old friends — so many of the celebrities and skeptical figures featured at past TAMs like Penn Jillette, Michael Shermer, Jamy Ian Swiss, Steve Novella, and Todd Robbins — will be joining us again on the program, too. The level of expertise and knowledge that all of our generous speakers bring to the event makes us this one of our best programs ever — it is nothing short of, well, amaz!ng.
But just in case our incredible lineup of speakers hasn’t won you over yet, here are six more reason not to miss TAM:
- See skepticism in action (and $1 Million on the line!) with a live paranormal challenge on stage — JREF’s 2012 Live Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge last year was one of the most popular aspects of the event.
- Roll up your sleeves for science and skepticism. Get the training you need to Fight the Fakers with our ten hands-on education and activism skepticism workshops!
- Witness demonic possession and a live exorcism, provocative stand-up comedy by some of the brightest comedians working today, dumbfounding magic, mind reading and sideshow feats, and more at TAM’s popular evening shows.
- Hey, hey, they’re the NoGodBand - Dance the night away with your fellow heathens at Penn Jillette’s Private Rock & Roll, Doughnut and Bacon Party. Be forewarned: There will be obscenity. There will be scantily-clad people. You will learn nothing. And everyone is invited. :)
- Commune with the diverse and vibrant skeptical community—come and share learning, laughs, and the scientific skeptic perspective with fellow inquirers and a host of distinguished guest speakers. You'll be at the largest gathering of scientific skeptics in the world!
- TAM 2013 is actually cheaper than any other skeptic conference when hotel, travel, and meals are factored in. Hotel rates for similar conferences range from $150-200 per night, while our TAM group rates go as low as $45 a night! But the group rates end tomorrow, so book your hotel room right now with JREF’s group codeAMA0707!
South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa
9777 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89183
Phone: (866) 791-7626
This annual gathering of critical thinkers is an unparalleled opportunity to make like-minded friends, enjoy some of the brightest minds on issues important to skeptics, and leave with tools for spreading a helpful and skeptical message to those who might be hurt by charlatans and unfounded belief. TAM is like a vacation from the nonsense we confront every day, and a time to celebrate skepticism.
TAM 2013 is only five weeks away, so if you haven’t registered yet, do so as soon as possible!