The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe has become one of the most popular science podcasts online since its debut in 2005. The show is hosted by Dr. Steven Novella and a panel of skeptical "rogues" including Robert Novella, Rebecca Watson, Evan Bernstein, and Jay Novella.
Dr. Steven Novella is also Senior Fellow at the James Randi Educational Foundation and Director of the JREF’s Science-Based Medicine project.
Special SGU-24 Offer: If you become a member of the JREF during the 24-hour SGU show, you'll receive a TAM London 2009 DVD set as a token of our appreciation.
This 4 disk set features over 12 hours of content with talks and interviews including James Randi, Phil Plait, Richard Wiseman, Brian Cox, Jon Ronson, Simon Singh, Ariane Sherine, Ben Goldacre, George Hrab, Glenn Hill, Adam Savage, Tim Minchin, SGU's own Rebecca Watson and many more!
This is the first time the TAM London DVD set has been widely available outside the U.K.
As a separate promotion, new subscribers to our e-newsletter during the show will be entered in a drawing to receive a TAM Experience package to The Amazing Meeting 2012 in Las Vegas—a $1,200 value. The package includes full access to TAM, all workshops, and all evening events.The ongoing support of JREF members helps us continue to make major strides for skepticism and critical thinking. In just the past year:
- We’ve exposed paranormal and pseudoscientific frauds in the media, including The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, NPR, ABC News, AOL News, Discovery News, and more. More than 4.5 million people watched us take down paranormal scams and put psychics to the test on ABC’s Primetime Nightline: Beyond Belief.
- We distributed the first of our new “JREF in the Classroom” curriculum modules for school teachers, to help educators inspire an investigative spirit in the next generation of critical thinkers.
- We published several important works of skepticism as digital books for download on the iPad, Kindle and Nook, including Randi's own Flim-Flam!, The Faith Healers, and The Truth About Uri Geller.
- We developed some of the first free skeptic smartphone apps for iPad, iPhone, iPod and Android devices.
- We hosted the biggest skeptics’ conference in history, with more than 1,670 supporters of science and critical thinking at The Amazing Meeting 2011 in Las Vegas.
- We expanded our field efforts by supporting grassroots skeptics groups through regional workshops and free organizing materials.
- We appointed the first JREF Research Fellows: Dr. Karen Stollznow, Tim Farley, Dr. Ray Hall and Senior Fellow Dr. Steven Novella, who is directing JREF’s new Science Based Medicine Project.
- We provided scholarships to students who focus on skepticism in their academic fields, and awarded grants to teachers who bring skepticism into their classrooms through innovative programs.
- We expanded the impact of our Million Dollar Challenge by making it easier than ever to apply, and issued public challenges to manufacturers of quack medicine as well as celebrity psychics like James Van Praagh and Allison Dubois.
- ...And much more!
Won’t you help the JREF and become a member today? By doing so you will help us further educate students about critical thinking and the paranormal, support grassroots campaigns, and take on corporations and media organizations that promote dangerous pseudoscientific nonsense.
And if you become a member during the live broadcast of SGU-24, you'll recieve a free TAM London DVD set as a token of our appreciation.