The James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) seeks an energetic and detail-oriented Communications Director ready to implement an innovative communications strategy for the Foundation,which builds on the media sucesses of the last year. The Communications Director will have the following responsibilities and duties:
- Strengthen the JREF’s public profile utilizing key communications tools such email marketing and the JREF website;
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategies for growing the JREF’s social media presence;
- Work with development staff to implement effective member messaging strategies;
- Develop and maintain the JREF’s relationships with traditional media;
- Increase coverage of the JREF’s work in new media; and
- Communicate skepticism to the public by authoring blog posts and essays to be published by the Foundation.
The Communications Director reports directly to the President of the Foundation. The successful candidate will have substantial experience in communications and professional writing as well as facility in social networking, email marketing and website management. Graphic and web design experience is strongly desired. Public relations experience is a plus.
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Education requirements: 4-year degree, Strategic Communications Or Related Field
- Languages needed: English
- Employment type: Full time
- Professional level: Professional
- Salary details: Competitive
- Benefits: Include medical insurance
- Job function: Writing and editing, Public relations, Marketing, Advocacy, Communications, Skepticism, Education, Technology
- Owner's areas of focus: Education
How To Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and note "Communications Director " in the subject line.