The James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) seeks an energetic and detail-oriented Field Coordinator ready to implement new and innovative outreach strategies for the Foundation. The Field Coordinator will have the following responsibilities and duties:
- Recruit and mobilize volunteers and other skeptic activists across the country;
- Build and maintain relationships with local skeptics groups and other related organizations;
- Book and coordinate speaking engagements and other public appearances on behalf of the Foundation;
- Work with communications staff to coordinate national advocacy campaigns;
- Assist communications staff with constituent messaging and management of the JREF’s digital outreach, including website, blog, and social networking profiles;
- Assist development staff with membership and other fundraising campaigns; and
- General event planning and other special projects as assigned.
The Field Coordinator will report directly to the President of the Foundation. The ideal candidate for this position will bring will bring a minimum of 3 years experience working with skeptical, science education or related organizations; significant experience with in social networking, email marketing and blog/website management; and a proven track record in managing volunteers to achieve organizational objectives. Knowledge of grassroots organizing, marketing and public relations is an advantage. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position includes comprehensive medical insurance and other benefits. This position is located in Los Angeles, California.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and note "Field Coordinator” in the subject line.